At Sidney All Care Residence we strive to make your family member feel at home and that our team is an extension of your family, caring for those that mean the most to you. We are a long term care community that offers respite and full time 24 hour care.
When you step through the front doors of Sidney All Care Residence, we want you and your loved ones to feel at home. Below are a few amenities that we offer:
- Easy elevator access to all floors
- Underground parking
- Well lit gazebo and outdoor sitting area
- Community Garden Beds and a gardening program
- Fully catered dining room on every floor
- Spa Room with a jetted tub and a heated towel service
- Entertainment lounges
- Laundry Services including labelling of clothing
- Theatre space for larger events such as birthday parties or private family events
- Puzzle and games Room
- Arts and crafts room
- Library with a selection of books and magazines
- Certified Foot Care Nurse
- Dental Hygiene Services
- Occupational Therapist
Our Resident Rooms
Our residents enjoy their own bright private room and bathroom with ensuite showers available in most rooms. For comfort each room has its own independent heating system. Each room includes a bed, night stand, tv with cable and dresser. We encourage our residents to decorate and personalize their rooms with their own furniture, belongings and decor. To make the job of decorating a little easier, our onsite team will help you hang your photos and artwork.
We also have a limited number of double rooms for couples or family members.
We have many features to keep our residents safe that start with our specialized 24-hour on site nursing care team. All doors to resident care areas are locked and require a code to exit, including our elevators. We have a comprehensive call bell system with bed alarms, wireless chair alarms, and wireless pendants should your loved one require enhanced safety measures. Our call bells are located in the resident room as well as the bathroom.
We also offer overhead ceiling and portable lifts for those residents experiencing mobility issues.
Our building features a monitored fire alarm system with sprinklers, we also feature heat and smoke detectors in each room for increased safety. Our fire alarm system is inspected by the local fire department, on top of regular fire drills we perform with our staff onsite.
The Town of Sidney
Sidney is the gateway to scenic Vancouver Island and is a year-round destination offering the mildest climate in Canada. We have 3.6 km of waterfront with a flat walkway for all to enjoy which makes it a walk friendly community; flat roads make Sidney very accessible for scooters and wheelchairs. Sidney All Care is in the heart of a seniors-oriented neighbourhood with the Shoal Centre, library, assisted living facilities and other seniors’ services available all within a small area. Sidney also features a bustling downtown with free WiFi for locals and visitors to enjoy.
- 10 minutes to Saanich Peninsula Hospital, a full-service acute care hospital
- 20 minutes from Butchart Gardens in Brentwood Bay
- 30 minutes to downtown Victoria – Canada’s most scenic tourist destination
- 8 minutes from Victoria International Airport
- 5 minutes from Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal
- 5 minutes from Ferry to Anacortes, Washington