Respite and Long Term Care Admission
Our admission procedure starts off with taking the time to get to know our new residents and families. Our goal is to have the transition go as smooth as possible and to do this we rely on the assistance of the family and the residents’ Family Physician. We understand that a transition into care can occur when there is a very urgent need and we will do our best to minimize any stress experienced. To accomplish this Sidney All Care Residence is happy to arrange a personal off-site visit to your loved ones home or in the hospital.
Our admission plan in order is as follows…
- Prior to admission, residents and families will be encouraged to tour and view Sidney All Care Residence to meet some of our residents and our care team.
- An Admissions Meeting is setup where we obtain medical history, complete necessary paper work with the resident and family, this includes a meeting with the Director of Care for an admission assessment, this can be done during a home visit if required.
- If the residents’ family physician is unavailable our medical coordinator will be honoured to assume care while at Sidney All Care Residence.
- Sidney All Care makes arrangements with Remedy’s RX our Pharmacy, prior to admission to have medications on hand when the resident arrives.
- Our care team designates time with new residents and their families to help familiarize them with their new home.
- Discussion will take place with family members, to determine the best way for the family and loved ones to transition our new resident into their new home.
- A Resident & Family Welcome Book is given to each resident/family. This booklet provides information about Sidney All Care Residence.
**Sidney All Care is a private pay residence and admission is based on availability of suites.